Today I win the worst mother of the year award. Adam and Mason went outside to play a little before 9 while I was trying to get ready for the day. I was inside when I looked out the front window and see Adam across the street at the Mac's store and Mason in the middle of the street in front of a car stopped in the middle of the road. Am I a bad mom or what? They had unlatched the back gate that was not locked and got out through the alley. When I ran across the street shoeless carrying Mason to get Adam. He was trying to get the door to the store open so that he could get a slurpee. Needless to say the gate will always be locked from here on out. I'm really glad that I just happened to look out the window before anything worse could have happened or my children were lost forever. HOpefully no one will report me to social services. Another day for the history books!
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
kids are bad listeners! You can't be a bad mom for something that has happened to soooo many of us out there!
You went to get them when you saw them right? You went quickly (hence the shoeless) right? You are going to lock the gate right?
I think you are an amazing mom.
I'm pretty sure it wasn't you who left the gate unlocked...
Post a Comment