Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Science Centre Fun

This last weekend we went up to visit my sister Christy in Edmonton. We had a blast. It was so much fun to see her and meet her boyfriend Drew. We went up on Friday and stayed until Sunday. We went to the Space and Science Centre on Saturday morning. It was so much fun. If you are ever in Edmonton I would highly recommend it. We spent a good 3 hours there and probably could have spent the entire day there. The kids loved doing all the experiments and fun things. We didn't go to the IMAX but it was well worth it. Here are more pictures than any of you will want to see but enjoy.


Brady enjoyed the CSI room. It was put on by the police service of Edmonton. You got to go and see a crime scene and then you got to see how they figure out all the clues. It was so cool. Brady loved sitting on the police motorcycle.


Halle on the police motorcycle.

There was also a whole display on space and the planets and astronauts. Halle is on a huge space kick. She can't learn enough about the planets abd stars and all that stuff. Here she is in the astronaut suit.

Brady in the astronaut suit.

They also had a huge kids gallery full of hands on experiments. In it they had a life size piano that the kids enjoyed. It really reminded me of the movie BIG. Halle and Kyle had fun trying it out. It would change the sound each time you pushed a button so you never knew what kind of sounds it would make.

Kyle and Drew were trying one of the experiments on bridge bulding

Christy and Adam got into the action too.

Christy and Adam again. What a fun aunt she is!!!

Brady trying an experiment about static electricity.

This is a picture of the science Centre. It is really a fun building to look at. It was snowing on Saturday so it looks like the middle of winter. Who would have guessed that it was April?

Kyle really got into the action. He really ehlped the kids a lot. They really enjoyed checking things out under the microscope in the backyard enivronmental room.

In the environmental display Halle tried to generated electricity on a pedal bike but just didn't have long enough legs.

Halle in the Human Body room. This was by far my favorite area. they had all these cool things that you could try to learn more about your body.

Brady in one of the displays.

Christy in one of the displays. It really is such a fun and interesting place. I would go back in a heartbeat. I even think that it would be really fun to go without our kids. It had so much information. The kids had so much fun. They didn't even realize how much they were learning. I'll post more later. Talk to you soon.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

How fun for your kids! I love the Science Centers, but haven't made it to one since we were in Louisville. I was wondering where your sister was too! It is nice that she lives so close!

T. Lopez said...

Oh how fun!!! Looks like y'all had a blast, kids dig stuff like that! okay I won't lie, I do too...

Anonymous said...

That does look like a fun place. For a minute I thought your sister had stole Adam's hat but I can see she just has good taste :)