Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I think I have insomnia. I'm pretty sure that I just have way too much on my mind but instead of laying in bed I thought I might as well do something more constructive. I have to share how thankful I am for Adam today. I'm grateful that we have finally been able to get his hearing issues resolved. There is nothing better that to finally be able to communicate with my little boy. It has been such a long and stressful journey to get him to talk. He turned three just 4 days after his surgery and still hardly spoke at all. It has been such a challenge to deal with him because it was so hard to figure out what he wanted. I was so worried that he had something really wrong with him. Now just a month and couple of days since his surgery it's like he is a new kid. It's amazing. I want to break down and cry everytime that he asks me a question, which is all the time. He is so curious and now that he's able to ask me things and tell me things he's changed so much. I'm so proud of him. Just today we were sitting at the computer while I was looking something up and the alphabet popped up in front of me. He proceeded to tell me the name of each letter and the sound that it makes. I'm glad that things were getting through this whole time even if he couldn't tell us. I am just very thankful for the the blessings however small they are that are in my life. I think that I need to remember these blessings when things are so hard right now. Maybe that's part of what I need to learn, to remember the things that I have been blessed with. Anyhow I guess I should try to sleep. We'll see how that goes. Goodnight!

3 comments:

Collette and Kevin said...

hi connie...do you mind me asking what kind of surgery he had? i have a friend whose little guys turns 3 in september and he's still not talking much either. she's had him in speech therapy for quite some time now. anyways, just curious about the surgery. thanks! and i'm so happy for you that it's made such a difference! what a huge blessing!

JRoberts said...

tubes are the most amazing invention EVER! I am so glad yours have worked wonders for your little man. (I am assuming that is the surgery you mean)

Mrs. Bennett said...

I am so glad that the surgery worked! We are thinking of you guys often and are keeping you in our prayers!